2万

积分

Captain

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2021-10-8 12:24:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
位同学们,为了督促帮助大家持续提升英语能力,培君老师们特意给大家准备了托福每日一包。每天覆盖听说读写内容,坚持完成两周以上,就能见到自己的英语能力不断上涨哟。

002lar1Qly8gv7mk15tsyj60hy0cdq3h02.jpg

1.听写包 答案:

Listen to a conversation between a student and her sociology professor.

I’m glad you got my message and were able to make it, where are the other members of your group? Tom and Jane?
They are actually at the library, they have a biology lab assignment that’s due later this afternoon.
So I’m here to represent the whole group, but. .um...when we got your e-mail message about being worried about our research project,
we were a little confused, we thought you were excited about our idea for the project.
Well, I think it’s a great research topic, but when I looked closely at your plan for accomplishing the research,
I realized that your group was probably asking for some trouble.
What do you mean? I thought that, you know, by monitoring students studying in the library we could really get a good understanding of people’s study habits and stuff.
The thing is, I think you might have a problem because of the Hawthorne Effect.
The Hawthorne Effect?
The Hawthorne Effect is a technical term for when researchers...uh...more or less forget about a specific variable, the variable of the researchers themselves.
Now, the students in the library, they are going to know that you are observing them, right?
So you have to consider the effect your very presence will have on the people you are observing.
But...so you think...I mean it’s not like our observations would be a secret.
The students would know exactly what we would be doing, I mean, we’d put up a sign right outside the library.
请听一个学生和她的社会学教授之间的对话。
我很高兴你收到了我的信息并且能赶过来,不过你小组里的其他成员呢?Tom和Jane呢?
实际上他们在图书馆里,他们今天下午晚些时候有个生物课实验作业要交。
所以我就代表整个小组过来了,但是......当我们收到你的电子邮件说对我们的研究项目有些担心的时候,
我们有点疑惑不解,我们以为你对我们的项目设想很兴奋呢。
我觉得它是个很棒的研究主题,但是当我仔细看你们完成研究的方案时,
我发现你们小组可能在自找麻烦。
什么意思?我以为,通过监控学生在图书馆学习的样子,我们能真正得到一个对人们的学习习惯之类的良好的理解。
是这样的,我觉得你们可能会出问题是因为Hawthorne效应。
Hawthorne效应?
Hawthorne效应是一个技术术语,指的是研究人员多多少少忘记了一个具体的变量,那就是研究人员自己。
图书馆里的学生,他们会知道你们在观察他们,对吧?
所以你们必须考虑到你们的在场将会给你们要观察的人产生的影响。
但是......所以你觉得......我是说我们的观察不是个秘密。
学生们会明确知道我们要做什么,因为我们会在图书馆外面张贴一个标志。

2.阅读包答案:

泰勒关于文化的定义暗示出这样一个概念,即文化是后天习得的、与他人共享并形成固定模式的行为。

3,写作包答案:

中译英1:
It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult.

中译英2:

Riverside Scene on Tomb-Sweeping Day was painted by Zhang Zeduan,a painter lived in the late Northern Song Dynasty and early Southern Song Dynasty.It depicts scenes along the Bianhe River in Dongjing,the capital city of the Northern Song Dynasty on the Tomb-Swecping Day.The painting is divided into three parts.The first part dcpicts a team of pack animals walking slowly along the river bank in the suburbs in the morning light; the second part portrays the bustling scene around the Bianhe bridge over the river; the third part shows the downtown streets, crowded with people doing business.The whole scroll is 24.8 centimeters wide and 528.7 centimeters long, and has approximately more than 500 people, over 50 animals, and 170 trees depicted on it.This wonderful painting makes us study better the life of people at that time in the Northern Song capital city.

欢迎来到水木紫荆书院!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|培君水木书院-源自清华的高端学习平台 ( 闽ICP备13013230号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 02:26 , Processed in 0.160185 second(s), 34 queries .