Unit 27 In the Campus
在校园 音频:
Thanks and you too, I think.
谢谢,你也是,我想。
Borrowing books,magazines,etc.
借入图书、杂志等
I'd like to borrow a book on computers.
我想错一本电脑方面的书。
I'd like to apply for a library card.
我想申请一下借书证。
I'd like to renew it for another week.
我想再续借一个星期。
Can you show me how to find the books in the stacks?
您能告诉我该怎样在书架里找书吗?
Can you tell me how many books I can borrow at a time?
您能告诉我一次可以借几本书吗?
Can you tell me how long I can keep it?
您能告诉我这本书我可以保留多长时间吗?
Lending books,magazines,etc.
借出图书,杂志等
You can find it in the card catalog.
你可以在目录卡片里找到它。
If you only know the author,just look it up in the author catalog.
如果你只知道作者,那就查作者目录。
I'm afraid the book you want is checked out (taken,on loan,out).
您要的那本书恐怕已经借出了。
Please consult the card catalog first.
请先查卡片目录。
Please return them by the due date.
请按时归还。
Your book is two days overdue.You'll have to pay fines.
您的书已经过期两天了,您得付罚款。
Classroom expressions
课堂用语
Has the bell gone?
打铃了吗?
Sit(up)properly.
坐好。
Please pay attention.
请注意。
Please come to the front of the class.
请到前面来。
Open your books to page...
打开书的第...页。
Put away your books.
把书收好。
Hand in your papers,please.
请交练习本。
No helping.
不要提示。
That's all for today.
今天就讲到这里。
Class is over.
下课了。
May I ask a question?
我问个问题可以吗?
Could you explain that again?
您能再解释一遍吗?
I'm sorry,but I couldn't follow you.
对不起,我听不懂。
I'm sorry,but I'm still not clear about that point.
对不起,这一点我还是不很清楚。
Let me see.I think it's...
让我想一想。我认为...
I'm sorry,I don't know.
对不起,我不知道。
Work in class.
课堂活动
We shall read aloud.
我们将进行朗读。
Please answer my(his,her)questions.
请回答我的(他的、她的)问题。
Please make sentences with the word (phrase)...
请用...这个词(短语)造句。
Next,we shall play a game (do some exercise,etc.)
下面,我们做个游戏(练习等等)。
Who would like to try?
谁愿意试一试?
Please raise your hand.
请举手。
For homework,do Exercise 1 and 2.
作业是练习1和2。
Review the last lesson.
复习前一课。
Conversations
会话
Dialogue 1
英语情景对话1
Now let's recite the poem we learned last week.Any volunteers?
现在背诵上周学的那首诗。谁自告奋勇?
May I have a try?
我试试好吗?
All right.
好的。
Good.Please sit down.Did anyone catch any mistakes?
好,请坐。有人听到错误没有呢?
If I'm not mistaken.he said"hasn't"instead of"haven't".
如果我没弄错的话,他说了“hasn't”,而应该是“haven't”。
You are right.
你说的对。
Who would like to answer?Clark?
谁想回答?Clark同学答好吗?
Will you please repeat your question?
请您重复一下您的问题好吗?
(repeats)Is that clear?
(重复)听清了吗?
Yes,that's quite clear.(Answers the question)
听清了。(回答问题)
Is that right class?
同学们,他答对了吗?
Oh,I'm sorry.I made a mistake.I should have said"The key is eight".
啊,对不起,我说错了。我应该说“答案是8”。
Dialogue 2
英语情景对话2
Excuse me.Can you tell me how to find some books on social science?
请问,能告诉我怎样查找社会科学书籍吗?
Sure.You see all these little drawers here and all the way around the walls?
当然。你看到靠墙排列的这一个个小抽屉了吗?
Yes.
看见了。
These drawers contain cards desribing every book in our library.
这些抽屉里装着的卡片记录了我们图书馆每一本图书,
To-gether they constitute the library's "card catalog".
它们构成了图书馆的“卡片目录”。
You can see that each drawer runs from one part of the alphabet to another.
你可以看到每个抽屉都从字母表中的某一部分排到另一部分。
Fox example,this drawer goes from SCA to SCM.
比如说这只抽屉,就是从SCA排到SCM。
So if I'm looking for a look called A History of Western Society,
这么说,如果我要找一本《西方社会史》的话,
I'd just look under "A".
就在“A”的分类下找。
No.You'd look under "W".
不。应该在“W”下找。
The articles "a" and "the" don't count in our alphabetization,
冠词“a”和“the”不包括在字母排列中。
and cards are generally omitted for extremely com-mon words
一般来说,目录卡片往往省略一些特别常用的词和词组。
and phrases such as "history of","introduction to","story of" and so forth.
如:“的历史”,“的介绍”,“的故事”等等。
What if I don't know the title of the book?
如果我不知道书名怎么办?
Well,you can look under the author's name.
那你可以在作者名下找。
Could you give me an example?
能举个例子吗?
Suppose you want to find a book by your professor.William Smith.
假如你要找一本你的导师威廉.史密斯教授写的书,
You'd look under SMITH and then WILLIAM.
你可以先查史密斯,再查威廉。
Since that's very sommon name,
由于这是一个很常见的姓名,
you may have to go through several "William Smith"until you come to the one who wrote book on the subject
你可能要查阅好几个威廉.史密斯,才能找到你所感兴趣的那本书的作者。
Dialogue 3
英语情景对话3
Hi.Bob!We've been working hard at our lessons for a fortnight.
喂,鲍布!这两周来我们一直在忙于学习。
So why don't we take it easy this weekend?
这个周末我们放松一下怎么样?
Okay!What do you suggest?
好的,你有什么主意?
How about seeing a play?I hear Hamlet is on at the National Theater.
去看一场戏怎么样?我听说国家剧院在上演《哈姆雷特》。
Is that so?Why not?
真的吗?为什么不呢?
(looking at a newspaper)Oh,dear me!
(一边看着报纸)哦,真糟糕!
There's no performance at the National theater this weekend.
这个周末国家剧院没有演出,
So we have to go to cinema instead.
因此我们只好看电影了。
What's on?
放什么电影?
Let me see..um.Gone With the Wind.
让我看一看...嗯,《乱世佳人》。
It is on at six cinemas on Saturday night.
周六晚上有六家电影院在放。
That sounds interesting.Which is the nearest?
听起来不错。最近的是哪一家电影院?
Ah.The Royal,I think.
啊,我想是皇家电影院。
What time does it start?
什么时候开始?
Why don't we go to the 7:30 show?It is convenient to us,I think.
不如我们去看7:30那一场吧?我想这个时间很适合我们。
But we won't have enough time for dinner.
可我们没有足够的时间吃饭啊。
Do you want to go to the earlier or the later show?
那你要看早一点的还是晚一点的?
Ah...I fancy going to the later show.
嗯...我想看晚一点的。
Then,there's a 9:30 show.
那就看9:30那一场吧。
That's Okay,I think.
我想可以吧。
All right.
好吧。
Dialogue 4
英语情景对话4
What are your weekend arrangements?
你的周末怎么安排?
There're many things I can do on weekends.
周末我要做很多事。
What sort of things are you interested in?
你对怎么样的事感兴趣?
I'm keen on talking short trips to nearby scenic spots.
我喜欢到附近的风景作短途旅行,
More often than not,I go with some of my friends.
经常是和一些朋友一起去。
By the way,what are your favorites?
那么,你最喜欢做什么?
I love swimming and cycling.
我喜欢游泳和骑自行车。
OnSunday morning I have swimming practice for an hour.
在星期天上午,我要游泳锻炼一小时,
In the afternoon,I just ride my bike around the city
而下午我还要花两小时骑车在城里转一转,或沿着乡小路骑。
or along the country roads for almost two hours.
或沿着乡村公路近两个小时。
That's great!I think they do you a lot of good.Where do you swim?
真不错!我想锻炼对你很有好处。你在哪儿游泳?
Mostly in the city's swimming pool.
大多数时候在城里的游泳池,
But on occasion,I go to the beach with friends.
有时候同朋友一起到海边游。
Well,what do you do at leisure?
嗯,你在闲暇的时候做什么?
I'm fond fo dancing.
我喜欢跳舞。
Good.You really know how to enjoy yourself.
很好,你真会享受生活。
|