2万

积分

Captain

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2021-9-30 13:01:15 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
位同学们,为了督促帮助大家持续提升英语能力,培君老师们特意给大家准备了托福每日一包。每天覆盖听说读写内容,坚持完成两周以上,就能见到自己的英语能力不断上涨哟。

102519tjlsntrmjvv41mle.jpg.thumb.jpg

1. 听写包 答案:

Yes, but that’s just it. When people know they are being watched, they act differently.

Let me explain how the Hawthorne effect got its name and...well...you’ll get the idea.
See, there was a manufacturing facility called the Hawthorne plant.
And researchers conducted some experiments there to see what conditions make workers the most productive.
What sort of conditions?
Well, one thing they experimented with was the lights.
Were workers more productive with bright lights or dim lights?
Well, here is the thing, whatever the researchers did, the workers’ productivity increased.
When the lighting was improved, productivity went up, when the lighting was dimmed, productivity went up again.
That doesn’t make a lot of sense.Exactly! So initially the experiment was considered a failure.
But then, the researchers realized that their own presence had affected the workers’ productivity.
The workers knew that the researchers were watching them, and with so much attention on them, the workers felt compelled to work harder.
Oh, I guess that really could be an issue with my group’s research.
Yes, but I don’t want to send you all back to square one.
So how about you set up a meeting with your group members and discuss this, then we can meet again and go over your ideas.
And I think that we should be able to figure out a way to get around the problem.
是的,但是问题就出在这儿。当人们知道有人在看他们时,他们的行为会有所不同。
我来给你解释一下Hawthorne效应是如何得名的以及......听完以后你就懂了。
曾经有一个制造厂叫做Hawthorne工厂。
研究人员在那里进行了一些实验来看看什么条件会使得工人最多产。
什么样的条件?
他们实验的一个条件是灯光。
工人在明亮的灯光下更多产,还是在昏暗的灯光下呢?
问题来了,无论研究人员做什么,工人的生产能力都提高了。
当灯光改善了时,产量上升了,当灯光调暗了,产量同样也上升了。
这说不大通啊。正是!所以最初这个实验被认为是失败的。
但是紧接着,研究人员意识到他们自己的存在影响了工人的生产能力。
工人知道研究人员正看着他们,身上有了那么多关注之后,工人们感觉不得不更卖力地工作。
哦,我想这对我的小组研究来说真的可能是个问题。
是的,但是我不想把你们全部打回原点。
所以,不如你和你的小组成员举行一个会议讨论一下,然后我们再见一面捋一捋你们的想法。
我觉得我们应该能想出办法避开这个麻烦。

2.阅读包答案:

泰勒把文化定义为“一个复合整体,它包括人作为社会成员获得的信仰、艺术、道德、法律、风俗以及其他能力和习惯.。”

3.写作包答案:

中译英1:
All that you do, do with your might; things done by halves are never done right.

中译英2:
Zhuge Liang was a brilliant politician and strategist in ancient China.Being a recluse, Zhuge Liang devoted himself to acquiring knowledge, and his reputation of wisdom spread widely.Liu Bei once visited Zhuge Liang three times to ask for his assistance.Zhuge Liang analyzed the situation in detail for Liu Bei, and recommended that he and Sun Quan should fight against Cao Cao hand in hand.Liu Bei adopted his suggestion and defeated Cao Cao in the Battle of the Red Cliff.Not long after being the emperor of Shu, Liu Bei passed away.Before Liu Bei died, he entrusted the state power of Shu to Zhuge Liang on behalf of his son,Liu Shan.Zhuge Liang carried out widespread domestic reforms, employing people with ability, improving agricultural production and construction of irrigation works, and stressing discipline in the army,which helped Shu overcome a series of crises soon.

欢迎来到水木紫荆书院!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|培君水木书院-源自清华的高端学习平台 ( 闽ICP备13013230号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 04:33 , Processed in 0.131190 second(s), 34 queries .