各位同学们,为了督促帮助大家持续提升英语能力,培君老师们特意给大家准备了托福每日一包。每天覆盖听说读写内容,坚持完成两周以上,就能见到自己的英语能力不断上涨哟。
1.托福中级听写包答案:
Really? Like Jackson Pollock?
真的吗?就像Jackson Pollock的作品一样?
so you are familiar with Pollock’s work.
啊,所以你对Pollock的作品很熟悉?
Well, sort of, though I’ve only seen photographs of it.
有那么点儿吧,不过我只看过他作品的照片。
I know he dripped paint onto the canvas instead of using a brush.
我知道他会把颜料滴在画布上,而不是使用画笔。
I read he stretched out his canvases on the floor of a studio and then he climber up on a ladder to pour paint, ordinary house paint, from a can onto the canvas.
我读到过,他会把画布铺在画室的地板上,然后他会爬上一座梯子去泼颜料,就是一些普通的家用颜料,从罐子里泼到画布上。
That’s right. That was characteristic of Pollock in the late forties, in what we call his drip period.
没错。那是Pollock在40多岁时候的特色,我们称为他的泼墨时期。
And the object was to produce a constant stream of paint to create continuous lines,
目的在于产生持续流动的颜料来创造出连贯的线条,
because as you know when you use a brush directly on a canvas you get broken lines. So, you like Pollock.
因为你也知道,当你直接用画笔在画布上作画时会得到断开的线条。所以你喜欢Pollock?
Yeah, I do. I like abstract works in general. There’s a class on abstract art, right?
是的,我喜欢。我喜欢抽象派这整个派系。有一门课就是关于抽象艺术的,对吧?
Actually I teach that class and drip painting was one of our themes last year.
事实上那门课就是我教,泼墨画是我们去年的主题之一。
Some students from last year’s class have continued experimenting with it.
去年班上的一些学生还继续在探索。
They created some incredible pieces using everything from squeezed bottles to computer-controlled sprayers.
他们用各种东西,从挤压的瓶子到电脑控制的喷墨器,创作出了一些极好的作品。
Do they look a lot like Pollock’s work?
它们看起来很像Pollock的作品吗?
Well, our goal wasn’t to imitate Jackson Pollock.
我们的目的不是为了模仿Jackson Pollock。
The object was to get students to look at different ways of applying paint to a canvas.
目的是让学生有机会看到把颜料涂到画布上的不同方法。
But you don’t have to enroll in a specific course to be invited to exhibit your work.
但是你想被邀请展出你的作品的话也不用特地选一门课。
It just has to fit the theme for one of our exhibitions.
只要符合我们展览的主题就可以了。
2.阅读包答案:
还没搞清楚的是,那种想象物体和计算数字模式的能力,如何让人能够回答连一些最好的诗人和哲学家都唯恐避之不及的问题。
3.写作包答案:
中译英1:
A person should have high ideals or even fantasies.
中译英2:
QQ, is an Internet-based instant messaging tool widely used in China nowadays,which can make it easier for people to communicate online anytime anywhere. QQ was developed by Tencent company with a logo of a little cute penguin. QQ possesses a variety of functions including online chatting, video phone, file transfer, music, game, mail and so on. Presently QQ has become the world's largest online community with about 700 million active users. People have been increasingly accustomed to communicate via QQ, which makes it one of the favorite software for Chinese Internet users. QQ has integrated into people's life, enriching people's spiritual world.
|