各位同学们,为了督促帮助大家持续提升英语能力,培君老师们特意给大家准备了雅思每日一包。每天覆盖听说读写内容,坚持完成两周以上,就能见到自己的英语能力不断上涨哟。
1.雅思中级听写包:
Welcome to the Fiddy Working Heritage Farm.
欢迎来到Fiddy Working Heritage 农场。
This open-air museum gives you the experience of agriculture and rural life in the English countryside at the end of the nineteenth century.
这个露天博物馆会让你们体验到19世纪末英国乡村地区的农业和农村生活。
So you'll see a typical farm of that period, and like me, all the staff are dressed in clothes of that time.
你们还会看到那个时期典型的农场面貌,并且这里所有的员工都和我一样,穿着那个时代的衣服。
I must give you some advice and safety tips before we go any further.
在我们继续进入农场之前,我必须跟你们提一些建议以及说一些安全要点。
As it's a working farm, please don't frighten or injure the animals.
由于这个农场仍在运营中,所以请不要惊吓或者伤害这里的动物。
We have a lot here, and many of them are breeds that are now quite rare.
这里有很多动物,而且很多都是如今非常稀有的品种。
And do stay at a safe distance from the tools:
还有,请一定要和农场工具保持安全距离,
some of them have sharp points which can be pretty dangerous, so please don't touch them.
它们中有一些非常尖锐,会很危险的,所以请不要碰它们。
We don't want any accidents, do we?
我们可不想出现任何意外,对吧?
The ground is very uneven, and you might slip if you're wearing sandals
这里的地面坑坑洼洼的,如果你们穿着凉鞋过来的话可能会摔倒。
so I'm glad to see you're all wearing shoes - we always advise people to do that.
我很高兴看见你们都穿了鞋子过来,我们一般都建议大家这么做。
Now, children of all ages are very welcome here, and usually even very young children love the ducks and lambs,
我们欢迎所有年龄段的孩子来参观,而且即使特别小的孩子通常也很喜欢这里的鸭子和小羊,
so do bring them along next time you come.
所以下次你们过来的时候可以带他们一起过来。
I don't think any of you have brought dogs with you, but in case you have,
我想你们应该没人带了狗过来吧,不过以防有人带了我还是说一下吧,
I'm afraid they'll have to stay in the car park, unless they're guide dogs.
恐怕你们得把狗留在停车场了,除非它们是导盲犬。
I'm sure you'll understand that they could cause a lot of problems on a farm.
我相信你们一定会理解的,因为它们可能会在农场造成很多麻烦。
2.阅读包答案:
约翰·麦荷特是一名语言学家,同时又是一名混合自由和保守观点的争论者,在其最近新书《做我们自己的事——语言和音乐的退化以及我们为什么应该喜欢和关心》中,他认为正式英语的衰亡应归咎于20世纪60年代反文化潮流的胜利。
3.写作包答案:
中译英1:He felt tired and hungry when he reached the top of the hill/mountain. 中译英2: The price which society pays for the law of competition,like the price it pays for cheap comforts and luxuries,is also great,but the advantages of this law are greater still than its cost,for it is to this law that we owe our wonderful material development,which brings improved conditions in its train.
|