找回密码
 立即注册

微信扫一扫,快捷登录!

5557

主题

5557

帖子

2万

积分

Captain

Rank: 9Rank: 9Rank: 9

积分
27442
 楼主| 发表于 2021-1-8 11:14:55 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
各位同学们,为了督促帮助大家持续提升英语能力,培君老师们特意给大家准备了托福每日一包。每天覆盖听说读写内容,坚持完成两周以上,就能见到自己的英语能力不断上涨哟。

u=3799837126,1194214475&fm=26&gp=0.jpg

1. 听写包答案:

Listen to a conversation between a student and a university employee.

请听学生和大学雇员之间的一段对话。

Student: Hi. I am a little lost.

学生:你好,我有点迷路了。

Um, is this the housing maintenance office?

这是房屋维修办公室吗?

Employee: You found it.

雇员:你找对了。

How can I help you?

我能帮你做什么?

Student: Oh, good.

学生:太好了。

I have a quick question.

我有一个小问题。

Are we allowed to keep electric heaters in our rooms?

我们的房间可以使用电暖气吗?

Employee: Actually, you are not.

雇员:事实上,不可以。

What's going on?

怎么了?

Your room cold?

你的房间很冷吗?

Student: It's freezing in my room.

学生:我的房间冷死了。

I think the heat went out or something.

我想是暖气灭了或者什么问题。

Employee: Are you sure it's out?

雇员:你确定是灭了吗?

Maybe it just got turned out too far.

也许是调过头了。

Oh, no. I tried adjusting the, uh, the heat control, but it doesn't make any difference.

不,我试着调节过加热控制,但一点儿作用也没有。

It's so cold in my bedroom I can't sleep at night.

我的卧室太冷了,我晚上都睡不着觉。

I've actually been sleeping on the sofa in the front room. The heat still works in there.

我其实已经睡在客厅的沙发上了,那里的暖气还管用。

Actually, we get hot air in all the bedrooms except ours.

事实上,所有的卧室都有暖气,除了我们的卧室。

Employee: Wow! Do you have a roommate?

雇员:哇!你有室友吗?

Student: Yeah. But she said she isn't bothered by the cold.

学生:是的。但是她说她不怕冷。

But on the sofa, I am kept up by the noise out in the hall.

但是睡在沙发上,我总是被大堂的噪音吵醒。

The dorms can sometimes get pretty noisy.

卧室有时候会变得非常吵。

So what can be done about it?

所以关于这一点该怎么办?

Employee: Well, OK. There's a couple of things we can do.

雇员:好的,有一些事情我们可以做。

I can have a custodian take a look at it and see if he can do something.

我可以让管理人去看看有什么他可以做的。

Student: Actually, I asked the custodian yesterday to take a look.

学生:我昨天其实已经让管理人看过了。

But he said he couldn't find anything wrong.

但是他说他不知道哪儿出了问题。

He said that some of the other rooms have lost heat also and that if we'd come here you guys would fix it.

他说其他房间的暖气也没有了,如果我们找到这里,你们就可以修好它。

Employee: Oh, he did?

雇员:他是这么说的吗?

That's weird, because I would have...well, the custodians themselves are usually supposed to report any problems right away.

这很奇怪,因为我本想……好吧,管理人通常应该立刻报告任何问题。

OK. In that case, then what you need to do is...here, fill out this form.

好的,在这种情况下,你要做的就是在这里填好这张表。

Student: I have to fill out a form?

学生:我必须要填表吗?

Employee: Yeah, but at least that'll put your heater problem in a work order for the maintenance crew and they'll get to you as soon as possible.

雇员:是的,但是至少将你的暖气问题写在维修工作单上报告给维修队,他们会尽快联系你。

Just so you know, because it's not winter yet and it's not as cold as it could be, it may take a few days for a maintenance crew to get to you.

你要知道,因为还不是冬天,而且外面也没那么冷,所以维修队会在几天后联系你。

Student: A few days?

学生:几天?

I can't even sleep in my own room!

我甚至不能在我的房间里睡觉!

Can't we just get an electric heater?

我们不能用电暖器吗?

Employee: I am sorry.

雇员:对不起。

But students just aren't allowed.

但是不允许学生这么做。

OK. I can see that this is a problem, and not just with your room.

好的,我明白这是一个问题,而且不止是你一个人的房间。

So if you can get the form back to me this afternoon, I'll try to get a maintenance crew to look at your problem by tomorrow.

所以,如果你能在今天下午把表格交给我,我会试着让维修队明天去看看你的问题。

How's that?

怎么样?

Student: Oh, that would be great.

学生:这太棒了。

Seriously. I have to take off now.

说真的,我现在得走了。

But when I fill this form out, I give it to you, right?

但是当我一填完这张表就给你,对吗?

Employee: Right. And if I am not here, just put it in my box and I'll get it.

雇员:对。如果我不在这儿,就把它放在盒子里,我会看到的。

Why does the woman go to see the man?

这位女士为什么去见这位男士?

How has the woman been dealing with her problem?

一直以来,这位女士是怎样解决她的问题的?

What does the man imply about the custodian?

对于管理员,男士所说的话是什么意思?

Why does the man mention winter?

为什么男士提到了冬天?

What will the man do to help the woman?

男士会怎样帮助这位女士?





2.阅读包答案:
美国的总统和副总统的姓氏分别以B和C开头;乔治·布什的前任中(包括他的父亲)有26位的姓氏排在字母表的前半部分,而只有16个在后半部分。


3.写作包答案:
中译英1:She types fast and accurately due to the special training she has received.

中译英2:
He was right.Thin people need watching.I've been watching them for most of my adult life,and I don't like what I see.When these narrow fellows spring at me, I quiver to my toes.Thin people come in all personalities,most of them menacing.You've got your “together”thin person,your mechnical thin person,your condescending thin person,your tsk-tsk thin person,your efficiency-expert thin person.All of them are dangerous.

欢迎来到水木紫荆书院!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|培君水木书院-源自清华的高端学习平台 ( 闽ICP备13013230号 )

GMT+8, 2024-12-26 08:35 , Processed in 0.148108 second(s), 34 queries .

Powered by Discuz! X3.4

Copyright © 2001-2020, Tencent Cloud.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表